- This afternoon I finally got my clothes put away and my closet organized. I love my closet here. It is very spacious and I have room for everything.
- Tomorrow’s after-work activity is going to be organizing my desk. Once that’s done everything will be in its place and I can begin the fun activity of decorating.
- Tonight I made the most delicious smoothie ever: frozen mango, pineapple, and berries with rice milk and peanut butter. So amazing!
- Tomorrow is the last day of orientation for my job, though there are still a few training activities to be completed over the next week or so.
- I’m hoping to make the most of this weekend–my last real “free” weekend before classes begin and my job starts for real. I want to do some cooking/baking. In particular, I want to make things that can be frozen for later when I have less time.
- Yesterday I officially moved into my new place. I really like it, but it’s going to take me a while to adjust to being somewhere new with no one else I know. Last night was hard, but today has been easier.
- Today was my first day of training for my new job. So far, so good. It seems like a good place to work with good people. I definitely think that as I learn more about it and get comfortable in my role I will enjoy it.
- My kitchen and living room are officially organized. I do want to buy some decorative things for the living room though because it looks a little sparse right now.
- I still have not tackled unpacking my clothes. I really hate unpacking. Plus, I think I have a mental block about organizing my bedroom before my bed arrives, even though it would probably be helpful to have that all done before the delivery.
- I have set myself the deadline of having everything unpacked by Sunday night. Hopefully it will be done sooner than that, but I definitely want everything in its place before classes start.
- Once said classes start I know my free time will become virtually non-existent so these last few days before then are for (in addition to setting up the apartment) reading, catching up on blogs (I have 432 unread posts in Google Reader right now), and watching tv for the heck of it.
- I will try to have pictures of my place early next week!
Arrive at Heathrow Airport just after 10 am, went through customs, exchanged currency, claimed baggage
Found Central Bus Station after first walking in the wrong direction. Met up with Katelyn and took then 12:20 Airliner bus to Oxford.
Arrived at Gloucester Green bus station in Oxford and took a taxi to the OSAP office, where I received my information packet. Then took the taxi to my flat.
Took a 2 hour nap in the afternoon to make up for not sleeping on the bus. Then walked around Oxford for a bit and ate dinner at the Pink Giraffe, a Chinese restaurant, where I had chicken fried rice that was very good.
Came back, unpacked, and went to bed fairly early.